17: Identity Heft
With hacking, data security, and privacy as huge issues in the press, we discuss how we approach identity management on both products and across our teams.
- We've started a new podcast! Check out This Old App and subscribe!
- This Old App is more of a grab-bag of in-depth technical discussion, more details, more guests, less structure. (more fun?)
- Firebase has an authentication feature built-in for folks using the service
- The auth piece of an MVP product is something that should not be done half-assed
- Professional authentication/authorization is something every startup should take seriously, especially at the beginning
- Often auth systems are stuck in a bad place because nobody wants to make major changes to the user auth workflow
- When you're an admin on so many services, you have a higher level of responsibility to be secure-minded with all of your credentials
- This Old App
- Ask HN: What are folks using for identity management?
- Identity-as-a-Service in 2018: What's New?
- OAuth 2.0
- Firebase Authentication
- Amazon Cognito
Thanks for listening to the CTO Think Podcast.
Shownotes and previous episodes can be found on our website at www.ctothink.com
Reviews on Apple iTunes are always appreciated and help promote the show.
Patreon contributions help us to produce transcripts, which allow people that are deaf or hard-of-hearing to access the show.
For questions, comments, or things you'd like to hear on future shows, please email us at [email protected]
Voiceover work by MeganVoices.com
You'll hear from us next week!
Join our newsletter
Check out our tech-focused podcast, This Old App.© 2017-2018 CTO Think. All Rights Reserved.