Don faced an issue at his education tech firm: When should you slow down forward progress on new features in order to spend time on festering technical issues?
- Randy discusses his explosion of three side projects: An app for HOA board members, an open source project named CaptionPoint, and a marketing app for a service provider
- Randy states that his two-week break is no longer viable
- Don discusses the efforts needed to automate tasks for AspirEDU
- Don throws out the topic "How do you go about making the decision to make the trade off of slowing down new development to tackle old code and inefficiencies"
- Both Don and Randy agree this topic pertains to more-established firms rather than startups (the pre-optimization problem)
Show music is Dumpster Dive by Marc Walloch, licensed by PremiumBeat.com
Reviews on iTunes are always appreciated and help us spread the word about the podcast.