3: Managing tech debt - When best to work on it?
Don faced an issue at his education tech firm: When should you slow down forward progress on new features in order to spend time on festering technical issues?
- Randy discusses his explosion of three side projects: An app for HOA board members, an open source project named CaptionPoint, and a marketing app for a service provider
- Randy states that his two-week break is no longer viable
- Don discusses the efforts needed to automate tasks for AspirEDU
- Don throws out the topic "How do you go about making the decision to make the trade off of slowing down new development to tackle old code and inefficiencies"
- Both Don and Randy agree this topic pertains to more-established firms rather than startups (the pre-optimization problem)
Show music is Dumpster Dive by Marc Walloch, licensed by PremiumBeat.com
Reviews on iTunes are always appreciated and help us spread the word about the podcast.
Join our newsletter
Check out our tech-focused podcast, This Old App.© 2017-2018 CTO Think. All Rights Reserved.